1. Please read our Confirmation, Cancellation and Refund Policy. Registrations are processed when both the registration form AND payment have been received.
2. Fill out a registration form online. Be sure to click on "Submit" at the bottom. If you see a page confirming the information you entered, your form was sent on to me. Or, you can e-mail me to have a form mailed to you. (If you are a recent, returning student, you do not need to fill out a whole new form if your information is essentially still the same.)
3. Once the registration form is completed, choose your payment method: check or credit card
4. Mail a copy of your dog's vaccination records showing proof of vaccination against canine Parvovirus (possibly listed as "DHLPP") or a positive blood titer test result for Parvo - if this is your first class with us - and your payment (if paying by check) to:
Note we cannot take credit cards by phone.
5. Within a few days of the receipt of your complete registration (registration form and payment), you will receive a confirmation letter giving directions to the class and explaining what you should bring to the first class. If you do not receive a confirmation letter, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if your registration form was received. Please note that most classes (especially evening and weekend classes) fill up fast, often a few weeks before their start date, and the webpage might not get updated quickly enough to reflect a class's status.
6. Optional - print out our waiver, sign it, and bring it to class with you. The waiver for classes in Pet Food Express is here.
Your registration will be confirmed by e-mail or regular mail once your completed class Registration is received. A complete Registration includes payment and vaccination records. Please do not assume your registration was received and you are enrolled in a class until you have received a confirmation. Payment is required at time of registration to reserve a space in class. Because your registration reserves a place in the class that can not then be given to another student, once you have been confirmed for a class, the class payment is non refundable. You must present proof of vaccination by the first class session in order to participate.
Classes may be canceled if a minimum enrollment is not met at least four working days prior to the first class session. If you were registered for that class, you will be notified four days before the class was scheduled to begin. At that time you can enroll in an alternative class (provided there is space available), receive credit toward a future class, or receive a full refund.
Anyone wishing to attend class may observe one class prior to enrolling. Refunds can be provided if we are notified that you are dropping the session at least one week (7 days) before the first class session. Failure to notify Stacy's Wag'N'Train that you are dropping the session will result in a forfeiture of your registration fee and does not presume your participation in an alternate session. If within the first three sessions of a class, your dog is unable to attend due to an injury or illness, you can receive a 50% credit toward a future class. We regret that no credit or refund can be provided for any reason once three sessions of the class you signed up for have passed.
There is a $15 charge for all returned checks.
Orientation is the most important class! If you know ahead of time that you will be unable to attend the orientation, please notify us as soon as possible to make other arrangements, or notify us one week before the first class session to receive a refund. Students who miss their scheduled orientation (without making prior arrangements) are assumed to have dropped out of the class, and will forfeit their class fee. The space will be given to a student on the waiting list. If you miss a session (other than orientation) please contact the trainer to discuss what was covered. Our Companion Dog and Puppy Kindergarten classes are designed to be taught as a series; therefore, drop-ins are not permitted in these classes, and new students will not be able to join a class once the first session is completed. For the Levels Class, students who have attended orientation can choose which classes they will attend within the three- or six-month period starting from their orientation class.
If your dog is aggressive to either people or dogs, please consult us before enrolling in a class, as it may be inappropriate for your dog to attend a group class. If we feel your dog does not belong in a group class, we reserve the right to ask you and your dog not to attend future classes. However, there are often options for dealing with aggression, and we can explore such options. Please answer the questions on the registration form as thoroughly and honestly as possible.
The training methods used in this class are based on reward-based methods. Prior to using aversive or compulsive methods, please consult with us. If, after consultation, we feel that aversive or compulsive methods are not necessary, they will not be allowed in the classroom, as they may be disturbing and/or disruptive to other attendees.
If you, your family members or your friends, are disruptive to the class, you will be asked to leave. If the disruptions are serious or on-going, you will be asked to stop attending classes per the refund policy. If your dog is disruptive to the class, we will attempt to modify such behavior before taking the more drastic steps outlined above.
Transferring to Private Lessons
In order to protect all participants in a class, we reserve the right to decline entry to any dog who presents behavior issues that may be overly dangerous, disruptive, or that may be exacerbated by participation in a group class. If behavior issues are discovered during the class and the trainer determines that it is in everyone's best interest to seek private training, arrangements for private lessons will be made. Class fees may be pro-rated towards private lesson fees. If you decline the offer for private lesson with us, your class fee may be pro-rated for another group class in the future, or will be forfeited.
Back to description of Classes
updated January 31, 2012